www.wktnet.ru

Тел.: (812) 305-9000
Текущее время: 20 окт 2018, 00:10

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: ing his best scoring game of the season, a
СообщениеДобавлено: 22 сен 2018, 09:39 
Старик

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - Carmelo Anthony said he wants to stay in New York, and said he wants to win. It will be up to Phil Jackson to convince him that he can do both. With the Knicks season over and Anthony missing the playoffs for the first time in his career, he can begin thinking about his future. He plans to become a free agent in July and wants to be someplace where he can compete for championships. The Knicks never came close this season, going 37-45. Anthony said it was a "failure" and an "embarrassment" that hes unwilling to go through again, which could force him to look elsewhere since New York will have trouble changing its roster next season. "I want to come back. I also want to win. Me wanting to be here, if we can put ourselves in position to at least compete at a high level over the course of whatever, five years, the contract would be, then Im willing to stay here," Anthony said Thursday while wearing a red hat with the letters "NY" at the Knicks training centre. He met with Jackson, who took over as team president in March and has said he could envision Anthony as a central piece of the Knicks future. Less clear is what he thinks about coach Mike Woodson, who received a strong endorsement from the Knicks leading scorer. "To be honest with you, Mike Woodson, me and him have become, hes been a guy I can talk to," Anthony said. "Hes been almost a father figure, a friend, a guy who I can bounce stuff off of. Ive been a guy hes talked to multiple times about multiple things, different situations. So when that time comes, if its ready for me to step up and take that next step and say, OK, Mike Woodson needs to stay or go — I dont think it would come down to that — but Ill back him. If he needs my recommendation, whether its here or anywhere else, Ill back him." Amare Stoudemire said Woodson wasnt a part of his exit meeting with Jackson and general manager Steve Mills, and he hadnt seen him Thursday. Woodson led the Knicks to 54 wins and a division title last season, and the Knicks embraced their high expectations coming into 2013-14. But they got off to a dismal start and couldnt recover, bad timing with their best player having the option to leave. The Knicks can pay Anthony around $30 million more than any other team, but wont have much financial flexibility to build around him until a number of contracts come off the books following the 2014-15 season. Yet Tyson Chandler, who like Stoudemire owns one of those contracts, said changing the players wasnt what the franchise needed. "I think a lot around here is made about personnel and this and that. I dont think thats it," he said. "I personally think that you have to bring a winning culture around here, and until thats established, you can rotate players as much as you want. Its not going to make a difference." That winning culture has escaped the Knicks, who last won a championship in 1973 when Jackson was a player here. Anthony said he understood it would take time after he was traded to New York in 2011, but said hes "not at a point in my career where I want to rebuild" as he prepares to turn 30 next month. "I dont know if I can afford to wait another season of losing. I really cant see that picture right now," Anthony said. "As far as other teams thats out there, which quote-unquote team would be a better situation, you never know. Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side, so this is stuff that Im going to have to sit down with myself and my family and really figure this out. This is not a decision thats going to happen overnight." He has time to think, since he cant play basketball now anyway. He began rehab on his right shoulder, which has a torn labrum, on Wednesday. "I just want to get away, kind of decompress and kind of clear my mind, because I dont want to come into this thing with a clouded judgment or things like that," Anthony said. "When I come back, my mind will be clear." Cheap San Jose Sharks Jerseys . Coming off a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea on Saturday, Arsenal endured another demoralizing result after rallying for a 2-1 lead -- only to concede a fluke equalizer. Cheap Custom Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys . The Calgary Stampeders running back received the West Division nomination for the CFLs top individual award Thursday in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada and leagues eight head coaches. http://www.nhldiscount.us.com/Cheap-cal ... ames-gear/. Today, he looks at the offensive line. 1. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (OT, McGill) You Should Know: Over the course of his university career, Duvernay-Tardifs commitments to medical school and the family business frequently limited him to one practice per week, yet he was still the Metras Trophy winner as the Top Lineman in CIS football in 2013. Cheap Custom Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys . Mike Vecchione tied it at 2 with 4:01 left in the first, Saskatoon native Eli Lichtenwald gave the Dutchman the lead 57 seconds later, and Daniel Ciampini capped the spree with 2:57 to go. Cheap Custom Montreal Canadiens Jerseys . "Ive still got it," Seattles ace said with a sly grin. Riding that fastball carrying a little more zip, Hernandez took a shutout bid into the ninth inning as the Mariners beat the Los Angeles Angels 3-1 on Wednesday night. On the verge of a brilliant shutout and first complete game since Aug.WASHINGTON -- Tayshaun Prince was having his best scoring game of the season, and the Memphis Grizzlies were cruising in the fourth quarter, when a loose ball somehow ended up in the hands of little-used Washington Wizards rookie Otto Porter. Porter let it fly to beat the shot clock -- and it went in for his first NBA 3-pointer. "My thought was like, Man, if you make that type of shot, then here goes the fourth quarter," Prince said. The Grizzlies led by as many as 19 in the final period, but the Wizards made six 3s over those final 12 minutes. Porter, a career 0-for-10 from long range entering the game, made a second one. The lead was down to two after Bradley Beals 3-pointer with 8.9 seconds remaining, but time ran out not a moment too soon for Memphis, which made its free throws in the closing seconds to preserve a 110-104 win Monday night. "The most important thing," Prince said, "is we stay composed." Prince finished with a season-high 21 points, and Zach Randolph added 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Grizzlies, who improved to a season-high nine games above .500 and pulled within one game of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. Memphis shot 60 per cent after the first quarter and outscored Washington 62-34 in the paint for the game. John Wall scored 23 points, Beal had 21, and Marcin Gortat added 16 for the Wizards, who had a six-game winning streak snapped. Washington had answered a challenge by winning its first three games after losing starting forward Nene to a knee injury, but this time the rotation was also missing forwards Kevin Seraphin (sore right knee) and Martell Webster (sore back). Which is how Porter ended up getting some major playing time, something scarcely seen this season by the No. 3 overall pick in the draft. He had scored only 39 points all season, and he looked as surprised as anyone when his first 3-pointer went swish. "I dont know how that went in," he said. "But I had to get it up there." The Grizzlies appeared in control after a 17-2 run over the final 3 1/2 minutes of the third quarter.dddddddddddd Mike Conley (20 points, seven assists) started the spurt with a left-handed driving layup. Both Randolph and Tony Allen converted three-point plays, and Prince hit a 3-point shot as the lead grew to 79-64 entering the fourth. After Porters initial 3-pointer, Nick Calathes made a jumper to push the lead to 19, but the Wizards kept coming. Porters second 3-pointer made the score 102-98 with 1:17 to play. But it wouldnt be enough. "I think thats something we find ourselves doing a lot, getting down and digging in the last five minutes of games, and I feel like we cant do that," said Washingtons Trevor Ariza, who scored 15 points. "We gotta play hard throughout the whole game and compete throughout and not wait for the last five minutes to play." The Grizzlies had 10 players make at least two field goals, while the Wizards relied heavily on their starters. Prince, whose veteran contributions arent always reflected satisfactorily in the "points" column, was more of a scoring threat than usual. "The difference tonight was getting a couple of post-ups early, making a couple of shots in the paint," Prince said. "You notice pretty much since Ive been here, its been jump shot after jump shot, so I had the opportunity today to really get inside." Notes: Wall got his 2,000th career assist in the fourth quarter. ... Memphis F James Johnson sat out with a sprained right ankle and is day to day. ... Washington coach Randy Wittman said he expects Webster back for the Wizards next game Wednesday. Theres no timetable for Seraphin, who missed his fourth straight game. ... The Grizzlies are 16-11 on the road, and this win began a stretch in which 12 of 17 are away. "For some reason, the chemistry is a lot better," Prince said. "Were more concerned with not letting teams get out early on us, which is very surprising because when youre at home you just say, Lets hit em in the nose in the first quarter then we should be in good shape. But were doing it the opposite way." Cheap Denver Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Minnesota Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Oklahoma City Thunder Jerseys Cheap Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys Cheap Utah Jazz Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Lakers Jerseys Cheap Phoenix Suns Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Dallas Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Houston Rockets Jerseys Cheap Memphis Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys Cheap San Antonio Spurs Jerseys Cheap Golden State Warriors Jerseys ' ' '

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа