www.wktnet.ru

Тел.: (812) 305-9000
Текущее время: 26 июн 2019, 01:56

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Shawn Kelley’s outburst on the mound got him
СообщениеДобавлено: 29 апр 2019, 06:10 
Новичок

The Nationals designated Kelley for assignment on Wednesday Chance Sisco Jersey , a day after he threw his glove to the ground and glared into the dugout while working the ninth inning of a 25-4 blowout of the New York Mets.Kelley entered the game with Washington leading 25-1. He appeared agitated and was working quickly, and he had already allowed a run when the plate umpire warned him to slow down. After the warning, he gave up a two-run homer to Austin Jackson, prompting the outburst.”I thought (the way) he acted, portrayed on the field last night, was disrespectful to the name on the front of the jersey, the organization, specifically (manager) Davey Martinez,” Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said. ”You’re either in or you’re in the way. I thought he was in the way. That’s something you don’t come back from. It was a disrespectful act. … I thought it warranted him leaving the team. I couldn’t see how he would face the rest of the teammates and the coaching staff and the manager after such a selfish act in a 25-1 game.”Kelley apologized for his actions afterward, saying he just wanted the game to end.”I was just trying to get through the inning and get the game over with,” Kelley said. ”I thought everybody had seen enough baseball for one evening.”The 34-year-old Kelley signed as a free agent with Washington in December 2015 and appeared in 135 games with the team. He had a 3.34 ERA in 35 appearances this season. He has pitched in 424 games, all in relief http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-j.j.-hardy-jersey , over 10 seasons with four teams, and has a 3.73 career ERA.Martinez said the decision to cut ties with Kelley was painful but necessary.”Knowing what we did yesterday, scoring all those runs, everybody’s feeling good. He comes into the game, slams his glove, frustrated with everyone. That, to me, bothered me a lot,” the manager said. ”Here’s a guy that I have respect for, and I have to tell him, `We’re going to DFA you,’ and I wish him all the best. Here’s a guy that I got to know personally. He’s not a bad person.”The Nationals have seven days to trade or release Kelley. If he is released Caleb Joseph Jersey , the Nationals would be responsible for the $1.8 million remaining of his $5.5 million salary. If traded, he would be eligible for $50,000 bonuses for making 40 and 50 relief appearances, and could earn $100,000 for 60.Kelley was the second veteran reliever in two days to exit Washington, which has underachieved all season and is trying to climb back into the NL East race. The team traded right-hander Brandon Kintzler to the Chicago Cubs for a minor leaguer on Tuesday.The Nationals recalled right-hander Jimmy Cordero from Triple-A Syracuse to take Kelley’s place on the roster. Martinez said he felt that the bullpen was in good shape for the stretch run with the additions of the hard-throwing Cordero and Wander Suero, who has the ability to work multiple innings. Closer Sean Doolittle is expected back soon from a stress reaction in his left foot.—This story has been corrected to show that Shawn Kelley gave up a homer to Austin Jackson, not Jeff McNeil.— Another former Marlin wins an MVP. Sort of."WhiteFanposts Sections News & RumorsAnalysisPodcastsProspects & DraftGame CoverageFull ArchiveMasthead Social Marlins Players on TwitterFish Stripes on InstagramMarlins Media Members Fish Stripes Best of 2018 Marlins StoriesScheduleRosterStatsCommunity Guidelines StubHub 鉁昐ite NewsFish Stripes’ 2018 MLB end-of-season awardsNew,1commentAnother former Marlin wins an MVP. Sort of.ByDavid PhillipsOct5, 2018, 10:16am EDTShareTweetShareShareFish Stripes’ 2018 MLB end-of-season awardsBenny Sieu-USA TODAY SportsNow that the regular season is wrapped and the playoffs are underway, it’s a good time to talk about seasonal award-winners. The BBWAA votes before the postseason begins Roberto Alomar Jersey , and we won’t know whom they’ve chosen until after the World Series ends, but we here at Fish Stripes can go ahead and give you the results of our vote now. National LeagueNameMVPCy YoungRookie of the YearManager of the YearNameMVPCy YoungRookie of the YearManager of the YearThere’s not much debate among our staff about NL MVP or Cy Young in the Senior Circuit, with Christian Yelich and Jacob deGrom winning almost unanimously. A couple of us voted for deGrom over Yelich for MVP, presumably because deGrom was worth at least one WAR more than Yelich, depending on which site’s version of that stat you prefer. I find it surprising that Javier B谩ez garnered no votes, but maybe our familiarity with the ex-Marlin or our evident preference for advanced stats helped that happen. Ronald Acu帽a Jr. won NL Rookie of the Year, with Juan Soto the other obvious option. Interestingly enough, Brian Anderson finished with a 3.9 WAR on Baseball Reference, just 0.2 behind Acu帽a, and almost a full win above Soto’s 3.0. BA played in at least 40 more games than his much younger counterparts though.National League Manager of the Year was the most controversial of all for our writers and the only one lacking a majority of support. Brian Snitker’s guidance of a young Braves team to a division title garnered just five of eleven votes while former Marlins World Series hero and current Brewers skipper Craig Counsell came in second with three. Bud Black of the Rockies got two, and I include myself when I say everyone but Luis Davila may have overlooked the job Mike Shildt did in taking over the Cardinals mid-season and turning them into a contender. St. Louis was one game above .500 when he took over at the All-Star break and would go 41-28 to finish out the season.American LeagueNameMVPCy YoungRookie of the YearManager of the YearNameMVPCy YoungRookie of the YearManager of the YearIn the American League, Mookie Betts was our runaway MVP winner Nick Markakis Jersey , with Mike Trout and Jos茅 Ram铆rez each getting a token nod. AL Cy Young was similarly polemical to NL Manager, with Blake Snell perhaps getting that “Florida” nudge he needed to get to half the votes over JustinVerlander and Chris Sale. The WAR case for any of the trio can be made depending on which site you use, but for me, the innings, K’s and WHIP differential pushed me in Verlander’s direction, along with his better peripherals.Two-way star ShoheiOhtani won AL Rookie of the Year with Miguel And煤jar getting a couple votes. It’s tough not to take the guy who excelled at both pitching and hitting in his first big-league season. Manager of the Year was a Sophie’s choice of the analytically-minded teams, with Bob Melvin of the A’s beating out the Rays’ Kevin Cash, 6-4.What say you, Fish Stripes nation?And now, you decide. Who ya got? Where did we go wrong? Which Fish Striper do you agree or disagree with most? Be nice.

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа